Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yes, we are still alive

Okay, okay...so I know it has been a REALLY long time since that last blog and I've fallen behind.  I wanted to post pictures of Christmas, but my camera died Christmas day, so I had to wait to copy pics from Aaron's mom.  Then things were a little busy with the new school semester starting. And then we got to February...

A lot happened in February, but the biggest "thing" was Aaron losing his job. We won't go into the details here because most of you already now, but a series of events lead up to what Aaron calls "a life changing day." Not only have we lost our source of income, but Aaron has a new understanding of work and family. He has shared with many of us how this difficult trial has helped him view his family in a new light. And we love him no matter what his job title (or lack thereof) is.  :) So, that happened just before Valentine's day, which kind of put a bummer on the holiday.  So we went to the temple as our date.  Then, the following weekend, some of Aaron's family came to visit. It was fun and I got to ice skate with Joshua! Now, he keeps telling me he wants to learn to ice skate so that he can play hockey. :) Also, I started a babysitting job, watching a little 5 month old baby girl, five days a week. Combine her with 7 month old Aubrey and it feels pretty close to having twins! Needless to say, I'm busy.  Then last weekend was my birthday, no excitement-just a nice quiet day with my family.

And now it's March! I can't believe it's March already. Our wedding anniversary is this weekend, along with a bunch of church activities that we are suppose to help with.  So, we are rolling forward and keeping busy.  It might be a while before I get a chance to blog. We will see...

1 comment:

The Everitts said...

Sorry to hear about Aaron losing his job. You seem to be coping fairly well, and if there is anything I can do, just let me know. After all, we are family! If it makes you feel any better, I am the main source of income right now too. So keep it up! :)