As most everyone in my family knows, I have HORRIBLE vision. You know the scene in movies where the visually-challenged character drops her glasses and is on her hands and knees feeling around trying to find her glasses and she so blind she can't see that they are like 3 feet in front of her. Yeah, that's me...no joke. Just ask Aaron, that scene has played out in our bathroom many nights as I forget to find my glasses BEFORE I take out my contacts.
Anyways, I was in desperate need of new contacts so I set up an eye exam with my eye doctor who is great. I'm a little worried that my vision has gotten worse, so I concentrate like crazy trying to focus, praying that I don't mess up, and she suddenly declares me to be legally blind. (Seriously, not that far off.) We finish and she says that even with glasses/contacts I might not have 20/20 vision in my left eye. What does that mean?! She gives me a pair of contacts to try and then we do the exam with contacts in. She does the whole drill again, you know, "can you read anything on this line?" and seems a little shocked when I get them all right. "That's 20/20, I'll take it!" Yes, I passed!!! I was totally thinking of this video the entire time...
So true. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment