Thursday, January 22, 2009
New President
Tuesday, the day of the inauguration, was a busy day. I had a doctor's appointment and then we went to the library for storytime. As we walked in to the library (which is at our local community college), we noticed crowds of people gathered around some of the TV monitors in the lobby. I looked at the monitor to see what was happening (for fear of another 9-11 event) but couldn't see anything as my boys sped off for the kid's section. About an hour later as we were checking out our books, I realized that it was coverage of the presidential inauguration. I explained to Seth that we would be getting a new president today, Barack Obama, and that he would start his new job as president. I told him the old president, George Bush, would go home and wouldn't be the president any more. Seth asked, "Well, what will his new job be?" I chuckled and replied, "I don't know." Later, when we were home, I turned on the coverage of all of the inaugural events and realized we had just missed Obama's speech. Seth asked why I was sad and I told him that I missed the president's speech. Seth thought about it for a moment and then said, "Mom, Obama is NOT the prophet. He's the president. Thomas S. Monson is our prophet." I laughed. We often watch General Conference from home and point out whenever the prophet is speaking. I think he thought that is what I was talking about. I then explained to him that he was right and we talked about the difference between the president of the country and the president of our church. So smart to pick that up on his own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That story is to cute! I love your blog. Do you know how to do dital scrapbooking?
Very fun blog! Megan and I had fun singing to your music tonight! I can't believe you didn't have any of the ward choir's music in this : ). I think all of us sound at least that good! Of course I'm just kidding!
You are such a great person! Thanks for sharing some of your stories with us!
Catherine
Post a Comment